Monday, February 9, 2009

Sun, sun, sun - The perfect camping weekend!


The much planned camping weekend finally arrived, together with the JamieGees we'd pick Waitangi weekend and stayed Friday 6th to Sunday 8th Feb at Kaitoke Regional park just north of Upper Hutt. This being the same place we all stayed with Sam & kids last Easter and fond memories. The Butt-kins turned up well packed as usual, this time included trailer with 12 person tent, 8 seater table and chairs and bbq - we did leave the kitchen sink behind ;-)!
The tent proofed a hit with the kids who slept in it and where the food and kitchen items were well kept out of the sun. With the weather co-operating and very hot, the local swimming holes were very welcoming and my CJ finally plucked up enough courage to jump of the walking bridge (at least 15m high) on the last afternoon. Though it took him 3 goes, but the adrenalin was worth it for him, were as I was a nervous wreck watching!

Credits: Simplyyin template 87, Edge of Wood kit by digiscrapbooking.ch

3 comments:

Sammy said...

Wow, it look like you all had a fantastic time and the pics are great.

Yin said...

Maureen, this is so lovely!! I think I am more and more sold on linear layouts! Thanks so much for showing me and making my day :) I so love seeing them templates in action in others' creative hands! I assume you don't mind me showing it on the blog sometime?

Tanya-Faye said...

ooo... I like the blocking of pictures. I think I have to try this technique. Ty